God Out Front

The new year brings with it lots of hope & excitement for God to burst into our everyday lives with good news. I know I'm always praying for it, and it takes away some of my manic, anxious longing to know that God is ahead of my dreams and whatever future good news may end up on our horizon, already getting it ready for me.

"We all have beginnings in our lives...even Jesus did. All of the stories about him in the Bible tell us that before Jesus ever began to preach, teach, and heal people, God sent someone (a guy named John) to prepare the way for Jesus to do his work. That’s the way God works. I don’t know what you’re about to begin, but I do know this - before you ever set foot in that new place, or start doing that new thing, God is out in front of you." ~Matt Cook

God, as I get ready for the start of something [ANYTHING] new, remind me that you’re out in front of me, working on my behalf. Help me to spot your handiwork of preparation and be at peace. Amen.

"God redeems our schemes as well as our dreams; that’s just how good God is!"

6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are. 10 In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. 11 All power to him forever! Amen. ~ 1 Peter 5:6-11 (New Living Translation)

Comments