Status Update

I've been on a rollercoaster this week - highest highs followed by dramatic dips. Happens to all of us, but I'm determined to stay stable and constant in praise & thanksgiving.

We thought Annelise's beloved gymnastics class would be canceled due to low enrollment...and it's ended up with more than twice as many kids as last session. (No more 1-on-4 attention: lesson - be careful what you wish for... :-P)

I have a bit of a holiday hangover. The kind where you turn the entire kitchen over looking for something that will taste sort of like Christmas cookies...

Love this Ann Voskamp quote: "The New Year wears hope like a fragrance."

Wednesday night - right before bed, of course - Annelise threw up all over the family room. Thus began my lovely night of being up until 5 AM holding the bucket for my Peach. I could have been resentful...but I kind of loved watching "Live to Dance" with her at midnight & critiquing together. (For the record, by 1:30 I was sooo over it. :-P)

I knew she was better Thursday evening when, after a rare nap, she pranced downstairs in her complete cheerleading uniform with her metallic red pom poms, doing her "Dynamite" cheer.

Will battled a low fever, too, but that wasn't sooo bad, b/c it was only enough to make him snuggly & slightly subdued. ;-) ♥

The whole Ted Williams story made me bawl. Talk about God bursting into our monotony!

Today at Costco with Annelise: "Oooo! Look at the beautiful flowers! Can I have one of those [bouquets] for my wedding?" Oh, Baby Doll, you have no idea!!! My reply: "You will have as many as you want!" Hers: "Maybe 3?" ♥

The girl at bubble tea this afternoon said, "You are the cutest mom ever! The last time you came in, my boyfriend & I were trying to figure out if you were the babysitter or the mom, b/c you looked too fun to be a mom." :-D

I certainly don't always feel like the fun mom, (esp. when I'm screaming my head off :-P) but it totally lifted me up today! One of my FB friends replied: "For some reason, I'm thinking of those Toyota Sienna commercials." HA! YEEEEEES!!! We went to high school with the guy who made those, so I think he needs to recast with me. ;-)

Comments

  1. Oh, I love your "we were trying to figure out if your were the Mom" moment...don't we all hope for those???

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are few & far between...but DREAMY!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment