Pumpkin Spice Syrup

My obsession over Starbucks pumpkin spice has reached its zenith. Today I googled recipes for their flavored syrup I can make at home, so I can add it to my Keurig chai lattés here. I liked this one first, b/c it's sugar-free, (I don't need to add the calories, just the flavor) but it seems waaay too low on the spice. This one has no actual pumpkin in it. Eh. This one sounds the most amazing, but I don't want to make that large of a batch. So I finally went with this one...sort of. I was out of cloves & ground ginger, so I used a Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice instead. I still didn't think it was spicy enough, so then I grated some extra fresh nutmeg in there, too. It's great, but I can tell I'll tweak this every single batch I make.

Comments

  1. Yum, yum and double yum!

    btw, Left you a little award! http://www.southernsomedays.com/2011/01/awards-day-doncha-love-em.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment